Sunday 13 July 2008

Oops....

Right. Where was I? Oh, yes there'll be another post soon, as soon as Opera stops being shite with the Blogger template. And I've written that three times now.

I've also found myself distracted by a couple of things since I last posted (insert your own Carry On imagery and Sid James laugh here). Apart from Big Brother (and why do people always vote out the interesting tossers out?), I've been going through some old video tapes to see if there's anything worth copying to DVD. And out of about 60 tapes, I've found about two hours worth. And I've found some awful shite that I'm wondering why on earth I taped it in the first place. Christ, I could almost make a list of things I've taped that I would never have any intention of watching:

* The Brit Awards from the year that Zoe Ball and Frank Skinner presented it (badly) and Travis were Best Band.
* An episode of RI:SE presented by Ian Lee and Edith Bowman.
* Bakersield P.D. - Probably the only program I didn't watch on Paramount c.1998
* An hours worth of Telewest's home screen from 1993 - 8 tiny screens showing various channels round the edge of a quarter size screen showing Beavis & Butthead on MTV. With Telewest's own muzak for sound.
* A Prince's Trust concert on 'The Power Station' - BSB's own music channel. (For those of you that aren't Stuart Maconie, BSB were those people with the Squarial)

Okay, so maybe 'could almost' is wrong. I've also found:

* A random episode of Have I News For You on two tapes.
* Three quarters of a Johnny Vegas game show on BBC Choice.
* Sky's Top 100 Goals of 1991. Well, okay, I've only got the last 30 or so. But they only showed about 10 games that year (For those of you that aren't Stuart Maconie, this was before Sky had the football market cornered, and all they had was the FA Cup and Serie A).
* The first ten minutes of what was shaping up to be a really good Episode from Futurama).

I also found a really random Public Information Film, which caused me to root through a few more on the web, and I also found one of the most notorious of all on my own hard drive.

So, as well as some final thoughts about Euro 2008, that Wedding Present review, and a look at Pablo and Charisteas (which still may or may not happen), I'll be talking about those scary PIFs as well, as soon as Opera stops being a pain in the arse.

No comments: